Tuesday, March 13, 2012
bombshell makeup tutorial (my go-to look)
My go-to makeup look is a thick cat-eye (a bit Amy Winehouse inspired) with Marilyn inspired shadow and contouring of the crease of my eye. This with thick lashes give the doll-like effect that I'm constantly after. Paired with a rosy lip, you're set. Below are steps on how I do my makeup!
1. Apply primer to your eye (I use MAC Paint Pot). Apply a skin-toned shadow all across lid.
2. Apply light brown in crease (contour), concentrating on outer v of eye.
3. Lightly blend this color.
4. Run a white eyeliner across lower waterline. Line outter-bottom lid with brown eyeliner.
5. Using eyeliner (I use MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack), line as close to your lashes as possible, letting the line run thicker near the edge.
6. Line up your applicator against your bottom lid.
7. Mark this area--- your mark should be as if the flick were a continuation of your lower lid.
8. Connect this dot with your eyeliner.
9. Connect the triangle--- connect the dot to the main part of your liner and fill it in.
10. Apply mascara on upper and bottom lashes, concentrating on the outer edge!!
Voila! You're finished!!
What I love about this look is how quick and easy it is-- it usually takes me about 7 minutes to do all of this (it took me 15 to do it on this particular day with photos and all). It's also very versatile and can be changed up with different lipsticks. Since this is my go-to makeup, I've included a few photos with slight variations (different lip-color, a bit more mascara, etc).